You are hereAddenbrooke's Hospital › For health professionals › For health professionals › Courses at Addenbrooke's › All courses
Venepuncture training course
CUH is pleased to announce a phlebotomy training programme, which will enable practitioners to become proficient in performing the skill of venepuncture safely.
The training course is suitable for nurses, health care assistants and other health care professionals looking to train in the skill of phlebotomy.
The day course will be held at the Clinical Skills Suite at Newmarket and provides an introduction to phlebotomy covering general issues such as health and safety, professional responsibility, laboratory visits and practical session.
- Registration and welcome
- Infection control
- Health and safety - needle stick injury
- Professional accountability
- Introduction to pathology
- Venepuncture history and theory
- Practical session
Course fee £200 per person or £245 includes an Honorary Contract.
- Tuition/practical training
- Study materials
- Certificate of attendance
- Refreshments and lunch
Dates for 2014:
- 25 July
- 26 September
- 24 October
- 28 November
- 12 December
Clinical Skills Suite
3 The Oakes
For further information or to book your place, please contact:
Tel: 01223 348903
- Tracey Murray – Clinical Service Manager/Course Lead
- Christine Ward – Service Support Manager
- Justine Taplin – Administrator/Clinical Training Assistant