- About us
- Finding us
- News and events
- Have your say
- Working for us
- Contact us
The Trust is very lucky to have the support of its own charity – Addenbrooke’s Charitable Trust (ACT) – which helps make a difference for patients by raising extra funds to enhance services, facilities and research at Addenbrooke’s and the Rosie. Making use of the funds raised by ACT allows the hospitals to achieve some things sooner than it would otherwise have done and to invest in projects to a greater degree than NHS funds alone might have allowed. The charity supports the development of new facilities such as the Cambridge Breast Cancer Research Unit and the purchase of state-of-the-art equipment like the Da Vinci Robot for the treatment of prostate cancer, as well as day to day extras for departments across the hospitals where the need is greatest or most urgent.
ACT for Addenbrooke’s and the Rosie – How you can help
There are many ways to help Addenbrooke’s and the Rosie; you could make a financial gift (every penny counts!), organise your own fundraising activity, or devote a little bit of spare time as a volunteer.
Any amount you can donate will help to make a difference…
- £125,000 could fund a Cell Search System for research into Breast Cancer
- £70,000 could buy an ultrasound for the Cambridge Breast Unit
- £15,000 could fund a Haemofilter for the Neurosciences Critical Care Unit to help patients with poor kidney function
- £4,000 could buy a state-of-the art monitor for the Stroke Unit
- £1,600 could fund a syringe driver to give pain & symptom control medication
- £500 could buy a wheelchair to allow easier movement for the elderly around the wards