- About us
- Finding us
- News and events
- Have your say
- Working for us
- Contact us
You are hereAbout us
Sometimes our work makes national headlines, sometimes the everyday things we do make significant differences to our patients.
CUH is top for….
- 2013: CHKS 40 Top Hospitals in the top four trusts in the UK for excellence in dementia care
- 2013: the first general hospital in Europe to be accredited as a Comprehensive Cancer Centre by the Organisation of European Cancer Institutes
- 2013: 'Top 20% best performing Trust’ score for staff engagement
- 2013: CUH's Contact Centre team named in the Times' top 50 call centres for customer services
- 2013: NIHR named CUH one of five top research hubs in the country
- 2013: first prize in the Innovation Competition organised by Health Enterprise East, the NHS Innovation Hub for the East Midlands, East of England and North
- 2012: Dr Foster Trust of the Year – low mortality rates and performing well in many efficiency measures
- 2011: Dr Foster one of four top trusts and top in Midlands and East Anglia
- There are more than 1,000 cancer scientists working in Cambridge the highest concentration in a UK university hospital
- We publish more than one high impact factor article on cancer per week – probably the highest rate of any Cancer Centre in the UK.
- We have the highest rate in England of patients enrolled in randomised control trials
- 90% of all prostate operations are carried out using minimally invasive robotic surgery at Cambridge compared to a national average of 20%.
- Addenbrooke’s treats more than 90% of patients as day cases; one of the highest rates in the UK
- We are in the top 10 acute Trusts for managing absence
- CUH involved more patients in a new national inspection programme than any other hospital in the UK (first ever Patient-Led Assessments of the Care Environment (PLACE) audits)