Temporary Closure of Robinson Way
16 September 2016
Please be advised that Robinson Way will be closed from Monday 26 September until the end of February.
This is due to the breakthrough and construction of the new tug way which connects to Papworth Hospital, and construction works to the AstraZenca site.
During this shutdown:
- There will be no vehicular access along Robinson Way from Keith Day Road to the ATC loading bay. Pedestrian walk way will be available at all times. Cyclists can use this route providing they dismount
- Robinson Way from Keith Day Road to the roundabout will become one way only, including cyclists (please see map below).
The Robinson Way closure will take place on Monday 26th September commencing at 07:00 and will be for approx. 21 weeks to the 28th February 2017.
The following areas will be affected:
- The section (1) of Robinson Way from Keith Day Road to the ATC loading bay will be closed to vehicular traffic only.
- The section (2) of Robinson Way from Keith Day Road to the roundabout will become one way only, including cyclists, leading from Keith Day Road. Cyclists are to dismount and walk from the roundabout.
- Access to and from the ATC main entrance will still be accessible via the one way route via Richard Howe Way. Re-directional signage will guide patients & visitors
- ATC loading bay
- Rosie Bus Stop - As a consequence the bus stops outside the Rosie Hospital will have to be closed and some new temporary bus stops will be added on Dame Mary Archer Way to serve the Rosie and adjoining area. As indicated on the map below.
The following areas will not be affected:
- The patient courtesy bus stop at the ATC main entrance
- Cycle parking at the ATC main entrance
The following measures have been put into place to minimise the impact on service delivery:
- This interruption notice will be circulated accordingly
- Temporary signage identifying road diversions will be put in place
- Security and parking attendants will be in the area to assist with queries.
Related content on this site: