Addenbrooke's Hospital, Hills Road,
Cambridge CB2 0QQ
Tel: 01223 216 633
Fax: 01223 586 665
Work experience or volunteer placement enquiries:
Superintendent: Phillip Clarke
Monday to Thursday: 0800 to 1700
Friday: 0800 to 1630
We aim to provide fast access to our quality service. We're a large outpatient physiotherapy department with an excellent reputation, partly due to our highly skilled therapists many of whom have post-graduate qualifications to a Masters degree level.
We provide a wide range of services which allows us to effectively treat a large variety of conditions. Referrals are accepted from GPs for patients living or working in Cambridgeshire; Physiodirect; or from Addenbrooke’s consultant teams.
We are committed to helping people to achieve agreed goals, and strive to use the findings of medical research to help us provide the most efficient and effective treatment.
Outpatient physiotherapy services provided at Addenbrooke’s Hospital:
- Musculoskeletal conditions
- Women’s Health and Urogynaecological conditions
- Neurological problems
Most outpatients who have had appointments made via their general practitioners (GPs) will be seen in the physiotherapy outpatients Department. However, there are exceptions:
- patients of the rheumatology and respiratory medicine departments are treated in the F & G gym
- patients of neurological services are treated in the Lewin rehabilitation unit gym
- patients of the Rosie Hospital are treated in that hospital.
- inpatients are often treated on or near the wards or specialist units
The outpatient physiotherapy department is situated in the outpatient area of Addenbrooke's Hospital on level 2 (ground floor), to the left of the WRVS canteen. Follow the signs from the entrance to outpatients, or ask at either reception desks in outpatients or by the main entrance.